03 March 2006

Malicious Police Harrassment

I had a more promising letter yesterday from the I.P.C.C (Independent Police Complaints Commission). Since I came home from prison I have been subjected to what I say amounts to malicious harrassment from a police officer in my case and made a complaint some months ago.

It is standard practice for any police complaint to be sent to the force in question initially and of course the result was that Greater Manchester Police rejected my complaint and even said they were not willing to record it! I therefore took it up with the I.P.C.C who have now told me the complaint has been upheld, it will be recorded and duly investigated.

Obviously at this stage they are not making any judgement but it is only right and proper that any complaint should be logged and recorded. Professionals like the police must be accountable for their actions and the system has to be transparent. It was promised that the new I.P.C.C which replaced the original P.C.A (Police Complaints Association) was going to have more powers and I remain hopeful that this is the case.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yonner said...

Hi Susan
I hope that all goes well for you and that the IPCC do their job properly. Got to admire your strength of character.

2:19 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Janet and Yonner. I appreciate your comments - will keep you updated on progress. Sueupte

5:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even assuming that the individual police officer concerned had involvement in your case, this casts a shadow on the good name of the force as a whole.

I'd always believed that the Police are there to protect and serve all of us - even persons who (justly or otherwise) have served a term of imprisonment.

9:28 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Nigel, sadly we do not live in an ideal world. If we did then you would be right to think the police are there to be trusted. Obviously many do an admirable job but it is a fact that some are guilty of wrong doing and that tarnishes the whole system and can lead to the misery of injustice.

6:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home