17 February 2006

Almost one year since my release from prison

It is getting close to one year since I was released from prison and I wanted to share what this time has been like for me. Obviously I am delighted to be able to spend time with my children and grand children, but not a single day passes where my thoughts don't go to my wrongful conviction. The CCRC are still examining my case and hopefully looking for a way forward to refer me back again to the Court of Appeal. I may be free from jail but I do not feel free. When you are wrongly convicted it takes over every thing and I am unable to 'get on' with my life still!

I have been fortunate since my release to have quite alot of media interest in my case and I am grateful for that. My campaign group is as committed as ever and we still meet monthly as they always did when I was in prison. Without the support and love of my family and friends I do not know how I would have coped following my release. Prison has damaged me and the fact I am wrongly convicted adds to
that.

It has been difficult getting used to life outside - so much has
changed, maybe I have changed because of all I have experienced?

The recent guidelines issued by Lord Goldsmith, the Attorney General, following the reviews on shaken baby cases should hopefully go a long way to helping others wrongly convicted on so called expert evidence. I have written to the Attorney General to point out how I was convicted on an expert going way beyond his field of expertise!
Something we have tried to get before the courts many times.

Huge thanks to all my supporters who never waver in their loyalty.
I will give updates on any progress as it comes along.
Thank you all
Sue

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Janet you have been with me on this long road for so many years now - sharing all the pitfalls and set backs. I do believe the truth will out it is though the length of time it takes! Hope you enjoyed your Shakespear trip? Love Sue

3:05 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Hello Janet. I found the law side of my O.U. studies very interesting. It made me see even more how ruled by red tape the whole system is - hence the major difficulties faced by any one trying to get their wrongful conviction overturned. Then of course I also studied the political angle on all this! Combine the 2 and it makes a very difficult road towards JUSTICE!
Sue

3:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home