01 October 2003

Wonderful Autumn Colours

Looking through my window today - I am mesmerised by the beauty that this time of year brings. The wonderful colours on the trees - bronze, yellows, reds and greens. Leaves are constantly breaking free from the branches and gently floating down to form a carpet of autumn hues.

And yet this beauty also makes me feel so sad.

Throughout my time in prison, I have used the seasons as a measuring stick - always hoping the particular season will be the final one I see through a prison window. Autumn tells me yet another year is drawing to a close and I sit and wonder if I shall have to be in prison for another autumn?

I remember a poem I once read which ends... "nothing is certain, only Spring is certain"

[My handwritten original - click here]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home