01 January 2005

Another Year - Happy Memories Fade - CCRC report due soon

Here we are at the beginning of another year and I throw myself into it with ongoing hope and optimism – that surely, this may be the year my case is sent back to the Court of Appeal and I receive the justice which has been denied me the past 13 years.

I want to thank everyone who sent me messages of support for Christmas and the New Year. It is impossible to say how heart warming and sustaining that support is.

Christmas in prison can be a painful time, New Year’s Eve even more so. We say goodbye to a past year and even if that year has not been a particularly good one, I find it sad that it leaves us forever. Never possible to retrieve any part of it. Happy memories from the past fade even further away.

But New Year’s Day 2005 began on a much happier note – my 5th grandchild was born. I was able to keep in contact with my daughter throughout her labour, by telephone, so that allowed me to feel closer to her. It is especially at times like this, that this terrible injustice hurts so much!

I am hopeful that by February the CCRC will have some vital reports which have been expected for a while and more definite decisions can be made about my situation.

Thank you all again – your support is invaluable.

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home