05 September 2006

T.V programme entitled 'Murder in Question'

After weeks of deliberation as to whether or not ITV were to go ahead and show my case  along with 3 other cases in a programme called 'Murder in Question' it now looks very likely that my case is to be shown on Thursday 7 September at 11.00p.m.
Seemingly the legal Dept' at ITV felt the programme in its' original form had me as 'definately innocent'! BUT because I still remain convicted they could not allow that, and so certain comments and names had to be removed. Maybe they need to realise I am innocent and if that 'definately' comes through well, what can I say! It is only 24 minutes long and is a brief outline, but I always remain hopeful that any publicity will prick the conscience of those persons who DO know details of what happened on the night of 11 March 1992 when Aunty was brutally murdered, and despite the length of time which has passed, will eventually come forward and speak out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should think so too, Susan! How can it be right to show a programme casting doubt about Barry George's conviction for the killing of Jill Dando, and at the same time not allow another casting doubt about yours to be shown too?

5:55 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Well Nigel you make an interesting observation! However, no matter what the main reason was for the problems I faced with the programme on me I am pleased Barry George is getting this publicity. There are very grave doubts re his conviction and as with any Miscarriage of Justice the full facts need to be aired and put in the public domain. As I well know just because the Court of Appeal have rejected an earlier appeal does NOT mean the conviction is safe!!

6:06 pm  
Blogger Alan said...

I'm glad to hear about this program, Susan, and I hope it will mark a turning point in your case. I've read of quite a few cases where people came forward very late with new information so who knows. It's about time your conviction was overturned.

Sorry, I won't be able to see the programme myself unless they make it available on their website as the BBC sometimes do.

6:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to watching your programme and I wish you do clear your name... I vant even imagine how you feel but what question does arise is that is the BRITISH LEGAL SYSTEM FAIR????????? I

2:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home